The following information is intended to prepare you for your upcoming IPL + LLLT treatment.
The EYE-LIGHT® IPL and Light Modulation device have FDA & Health Canada Approval for the treatment of dry eye disease. In accumulation, it treats the other following conditions:
- Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD)
How to prepare for your appointment:
- Refrain from using any photosensitizing products (ex. Retinol/Vitamin A) on your eyelid and undereye area 1 week prior to your appointment.
- Remove any facial piercings prior to your appointment
- If possible, arrive without creams or make-up on the treatment area. Otherwise please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment in order to clean the skin. Cleansing wipes are available for your convenience.
- Please wear a light-colored mask. If you do not have one, a disposable mask will be provided for your convenience.
- Please have loose hairs securely tied back away from the treatment area.
What to expect
- Pre-treatment photos will be taken by the doctor.
- Each session will consist of 2 separate treatments.
- IPL (Intense Pulse Light) will be administered around the eye to revitalize the Meibomian glands to help resume their normal function.
- Afterwards an LLLT mask (EyeLight) will be applied for a period of approximately 15 minutes. The emission of light at a particular wavelength helps to facilitate production of the oil component released from Meibomian glands.
- 2-4 sessions may be required to achieve an optimum result.
- We recommend spacing sessions 3-4 days apart.
- Blistering and burns are rare; however, if these do occur a thin layer of over-the-counter antibiotic ointment such as Polysporin® can be applied 2-3 times a day for 3 days. Please call us if you experience either of these uncommon reactions.
- Please allow 30-45 minutes for your appointment.
- Use a mild cleansers and moisturizers.
- Avoid harsh topicals such as glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and retinols.